National Strawberry Day is today, Tuesday, February 27th which makes it the perfect occasion to share a strawberry cocktail.
I’ve been mixing up some lighter lower calorie cocktails lately. I’m a huge fan of LaCroix Sparkling Water which makes a great mixer. Since I’ve been following the Keto Diet, this cocktail is a perfect fit. This is not a sponsored post, LaCroix didn’t ask me to write this post and in fact, LaCroix doesn’t even know who I am (but if you’re reading this and you work for LaCroix I’d love to connect!). If you don’t know what LaCroix is you’ve probably been living under a rock. But if you don’t, it’s a sparkling water that is naturally flavored. It has no calories and no artificial sweeteners. You could also use sparkling water or club soda.
National Strawberry Day Cocktail Recipe
Strawberries make the perfect refreshing cocktail with just a touch of natural sweetness. Light smash them in the drink to bring out the flavor and save the perfectly shaped one for your garnish.
More cocktails to mix at home
Strawberry Basil Smash Cocktail Ingredients
- Basil Leaves – approx 3
- 1.5 ounces Vodka
- Lemon LaCroix sparkling water
Strawberry Basil Smash Cocktail Directions
- Place basil leaves in a glass and muddle. Be careful not to smash up the leaves too much as you want to gently release the basil oils but not destroy the leaves or you will get a bitter taste.
- Add a few strawberries and gently muddle.
- Add vodka glass. I used Reyka vodka for this cocktail.
- Add ice to glass
- Fill to top with lemon sparkling water
- Stir and enjoy!
If you prefer your drinks a bit sweeter yet still want to keep it low calorie and Keto, add a sugar substitute such as Swerve or Monk Fruit.
Happy National Strawberry Day!