Planning your menu for Christmas morning? Planning a holiday brunch for friends? Have you thought about including a cocktail? Spiced Pear Bellini is the perfect touch for the holidays. Light, refreshing and spiced for the season.
Pick up a bottle of your favorite Prosecco.
Loosely break or chop the cinnamon sticks into a few pieces. Pour the juice and spices to the pot. Simmer with whole spices to infuse the pear juice. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Turn off heat, cover and let it steep for an hour. Strain and Chill for a few hours.
Fill the glass 1/3 full with the chilled spiced pear juice mixture. Top your glass with chilled Prosecco.
I like to add the nutmeg, freshly ground, right before serving.
- Prosecco, chilled
- 32 ounces Pear Juice or Nectar
- ¼ cup Sugar (less if juice is sweetened)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 1 Whole Nutmeg
- Break or chop cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar, and pear juice to saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. 3. When it comes to a boil, turn off and cover. Let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain and chill spiced pear juice.
- When ready to serve, fill each glass ⅓ full with spiced pear juice. Top glass with chilled Prosecco. Using a whole nutmeg, grate a pinch into each glass.