Pear, ginger, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves…add some bourbon. Bourbon cocktails are great for the cold winter evenings. Pear pairs well with winter spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Infuse pear juice with spices. This is the same spiced pear I created for the Spiced Pear Bellini. Pear juice or nectar. I used Organic Pear Juice from R.W. Knudsen that I found at Whole Foods. If it has added sugars, you may want to drop down the sugar in the recipe.
Loosely break or chop the cinnamon sticks into a few pieces. Pour the juice and spices to the pot. Simmer with whole spices to infuse the pear juice. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Turn off heat, cover and let it steep for an hour. Strain and Chill for a few hours.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add spiced pear juice.
Add ginger syrup. I used Arizona’s own Iconic Cocktail Co.’s Ginga Syrup.
Add bourbon. For this cocktail, I used Jim Beam’s BLACK Bourbon.
Squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon.
Shake and strain pouring into a short tumbler.
Grate fresh nutmeg into the glass. Garnish with a slice a pear. Cheers!
- 32 ounces Pear Juice or Nectar
- ¼ cup Sugar (less if juice is sweetened)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 6 oz spiced pear juice
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz ginger syrup (Iconic Cocktail Co.'s Ginga)
- ½ lemon
- Prepare the Spiced Pear Juice. Break or chop cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar, and pear juice to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. When it comes to a boil, turn off and cover. Let steep for 1 hour.Strain and chill spiced pear juice.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Add Spiced Pear Juice, Whiskey, Ginger, and lemon juice. Shake and strain into glass.
- Grate nutmeg. Garnish with a pear slice.
This is pure gold.